[xsd-users] Re: xsd::cxx::tree::element_one::~element_one exception

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Aug 1 10:33:00 EDT 2008

Hi Gennadiy,

Gennadiy Katz <gennadiy.katz at thomsonreuters.com> writes:

>  	My application throws exception "Priviledge instruction"
>  from within xsd::cxx::tree::element_one ::~element_one () destructor
>  while releasing internal xercesc::DOMElement* pointer. Any ideas why
>  this may happen?

Most likely one of the following is happening:

1. You did not initialize the Xerces-C++ runtime as instructed in
   Section 2.12, "Mapping for any and anyAttribute":

   http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/manual/#2.12

2. But the more likely scenario in this case is the you terminate
   the Xerces-C++ runtime before the object model is destroyed.

If none of these apply then we would need a test program that
reproduces the problem (feel free to send it to me directly if
you want to keep your code private).