[xsd-users] Compile error on generated code with CXXFLAGS = -pedantic

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jan 9 15:57:28 EST 2007

Hi Jeroen,

Jeroen N. Witmond <jnw at xs4all.nl> writes:

> I like to compile all my c++ sources with g++ option -pedantic (together
> with -W -Wall). When used on generated code, this results in "error: ISO
> C++ does not support 'long long'" on these lines:

They should have called this option -anal ;-) for pretty much every
C++ compiler supports long long.

> I know I can hack around it by deleting these lines from the output of
> `xsd cxx-tree --generate-xml-schema schema.xsd` and using that everywhere
> else, but is there a better way to get around this?

No need to hack those lines: you can always provide custom definitions
for the types you don't like as described in the C++/Tree Mapping
Customization Guide[1]:

xsd cxx-tree --generate-xml-schema --custom-type long=64bit_t schema.xsd

Where 64bit_t is a 64-bit signed integer type of your choice.