[xsd-users] Having trouble with NMTOKENS

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Apr 9 14:00:34 EDT 2007

Hi Gerard,

Gerard Lanois <gerard at lanois.com> writes:

> However, if I change the NMTOKEN to be NMTOKENS
> (note the "S" at the end), the resulting .cxx file does not compile.

That's a bug. I've fixed it for the next release. If you would like,
I can send you a pre-release binary with this fix.

Also note that using NMTOKENS as a base for this enumeration does
not make much sense. NMTOKENS is a list (space-separated) of NMTOKEN.
Also the generated code for the two will be quite different. The
NMTOKEN based type will have nice C++ enum translation while the
NMTOKENS-based case will be translated to simple derivation.