[xsd-users] Serializing ...

Jason Wang jwang at saic-asd.com
Mon Oct 2 10:50:37 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am new to XSD and I like it very much so far.

I had some minor issues on serializing to ostream (and the
operator<<(...)).  I am not sure if it is by design or is it a bug.  But
when streaming, it crashes when a required element is not set (or null).
  I guess it is by design.  If so, I wonder if there is way to relax
this condition by set some parameters at code generation or at run time.
  I personally feel a warning message is more user friendly than
crashing the code if a required element is not set.

Also in order to stream, one needs to set the following lines first:

     xml_schema::namespace_infomap map;
     map["pos"].name = "...";
     map["pos"].schema = "...";

It would be more user friendly to me if a default value is provided.
After all those info is readily available at code generation.

Thanks,
Jason