[xsd-users] Re: Serialisation issue.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Dec 22 03:32:22 EST 2006

Hi David,

Moss, David R (SELEX Comms) (UK Christchurch) <david.r.moss at selex-comm.com> writes:

> An unhandled no_prefix() exception is thrown from
>
> template <typename C>
>       std::basic_string<C>
>       prefix (const std::basic_string<C>& ns, const xercesc::DOMElement&
> e)
>
> in elements.txx.
>

> I think I'm missing something pretty obvious to do with
> noNamespaceSchemaLocation here, but any help would be appreciated.

Your noNamespaceSchemaLocation setup is fine. This is a bug in XSD
runtime, in the code that handles substitution groups. Your "derived"
element does not have a namespace but the code tries to resolve the
namespace prefix anyway. I've fixed this bug and the fix will appear
in the upcoming release. You can also fix it in your version of XSD
by replacing the files in libxsd with the revisions provide in this
archive:

http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/xsd-2.3.1.b2-no-ns-substgroup-patch.zip

Thanks for reporting this and let me know if there any problems with
the fix.

thanks,