[xsd-users] Request for binaries for the hp NonStop OSS platform...

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Dec 7 10:49:26 EST 2006

Hi Stuart,

Brock, Stuart          x66259 <Stuart_Brock at adp.com> writes:

> I wanted to download XSD, but the binaries are not available for the system
> that I want to run XSD on.  This is not surprising as the system I am using
> is rather obscure.  Once known as the Tandem, the architecture is now owned
> by hp and is known as NonStop OSS.  I doubt that you will be able to supply
> binaries for this system. However, if I could get the source code, I would
> gladly port XSD to the NonStop platform.

Source code (as well as build instructions) are available from this page:

http://codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/

A couple of things I would like to mention:

1. You may want to first try to build a sample application (e.g., 'hello'
   or 'library' from examples) by generating the code on some other box.
   This should be fairly easy since the runtime library is header-only.
   This way you will be able to check if the C++ compiler available on
   NonStop is able to compile the generated code.

2. We only use g++ to build the compiler itself. I am not sure if there
   is GCC port for NonStop. If there is I suggest you go directly with
   g++ (you can still compile your applications with the native compiler).

If you run into any problems or need assistance please feel free to
post to this mailing list. And please let us know about your progress.