[xsd-users] Lint errors

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Apr 27 12:18:58 EDT 2006

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Ward <andy.ward at hevday.com> writes:

> I get a few C++ syntactic errors with the generated code.
> My question is, what are the feelings towards these errors

Hm, those are strange errors. I tried to understand them (with help from
msg.txt) but could not figure exactly what's wrong. Also none of the
descriptions of messages in msg.txt refer to the C++ standard so it
really becomes a "PC_Lint says it is illegal while GNU g++, Intel C++,
Sun C++, HP aCC and MS VC++ all say it is legal" type of situation.
You may want to write to PC_Lint vendor and ask them what exactly is
wrong with the code (i.e., ask them to cite the standard).

Honestly, I think that PC_Lint's C++ parser simply cannot parse
modern C++. Have you tried it on some other C++ projects, say
boost or your compiler's C++ standard library?

> do they pose a problem

It is hard to give definite answer without understanding what
exactly PC_Link is complaining about. I, however, tend to think
the answer is "No" since major C++ compilers think the code
is perfectly valid, generate correct code which executes as
expected.

> and are they likely to be fixed?

If somebody proposes a fix and the changes are not too extensive,
we can consider making PC_Link happy ;-).