[studxml-users] Escape sequences support

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Jun 3 10:15:14 EDT 2017

Hi,

Ramisés Martins da Silva <ramises.silva at kryptus.com> writes:

>   <xmlcamp>
>     &lt; ncamp1 &gt; data1 &lt; /ncamp1 &gt;
>     &lt; ncamp2 &gt; data2 &lt; /ncamp2 &gt;
>   </xmlcamp>
>
> My question is: is there a way to parse the original xml by telling the
> parser to interpret the escape sequences as delimiters?

No, there is no magic switch like this.

If you could somehow detect the end of the escaped fragment (more precisely,
the point in the data stream before '</xmlcamp>' in the example above), then
you could write a custom std::istream implementation that re-injects the
unescaped fragment back into the original data stream so that it is parsed
by the parser as normal XML. This will require some work and will be specific
to your XML document format.

Boris