[odb-users] New distribution pkgs for ODB

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Mar 28 06:59:14 EDT 2023

Tenneti, Rohith <Rohith.Tenneti2 at carrier.com> writes:

> Could you share the distribution packages for odb, libodb, and
> libodb-sqlite for 2.5.0-b.23.
>
> Even though I followed the INSTALL-GIT and INSTALL instructions
> on each package I was not able to 'make dist' for any of the
> relevant interested pkgs ( odb, libodb, libodb-sqlite ).

The recommended way to build ODB from source is described here:

https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml

> What we need:
>
> Distribution pkgs for each of the following components from .git tag
> or latest master if stable. ( we are looking for odb dist source and
> libs that support -std=c++17 )

If you would like to build libodb and libodb-sqlite with -std=c++17
(by default they are built with the latest available standard supported
by the compiler that you are using), you can add config.cxx.std=17 to
the `bpkg create` command on the "Building ODB Runtime Libraries" step
in the above instructions.

Let me know if you run into any issues.