[odb-users] New distribution pkgs for ODB

Tenneti, Rohith Rohith.Tenneti2 at carrier.com
Mon Mar 27 12:49:23 EDT 2023

Hello,

Could you share the distribution packages for odb, libodb, and libodb-sqlite for 2.5.0-b.23. We ran into a few compile issues and would like to use the official distribution packages.

Even though I followed the INSTALL-GIT and INSTALL instructions on each package I was not able to 'make dist' for any of the relevant interested pkgs ( odb, libodb, libodb-sqlite ).

This is what worked:

  *   Installed all dependencies as per INSTALL-GIT ( ie. build-0.3, cli, libcutl plus all other autotools related pkgs ).

This is what DID NOT work:

  *   Create a 'make dist' starting with the odb compiler package. After going through the initial config and choosing installed deps for cli and libcutl ( /usr/local ).

I kept getting errors in the make starting with this one "../odb/odb/options.cli

unknown option '--generate-specifier'

make: *** [~/Downloads/odb/build/import/cli/cli-cxx.make:27: ~/Downloads/odb/odb/options.hxx] Error 1"

What we need:
Distribution pkgs for each of the following components from .git tag or latest master if stable.
( we are looking for odb dist source and libs that support -std=c++17 )
libodb_2.5.0-b.23.tar.bz2
libodb-sqlite_2.5.0-b.23.tar.bz2
odb_2.5.0-b.23.tar.bz2 ( or already built binary pkg for odb compiler ).

BR,
Antonio Montero
Staff Engineer, Gen Engrg, Panels NPD
Robust Design Lead (RDL) Systems,