[odb-users] libsqlite3-1.so => not found

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Nov 18 02:48:46 EST 2022

Javier Gutierrez <javier.gutierrez at web.de> writes:

> # bpkg uninstall --all -recursive
>
> After installation when I run ldd on
> "/home/user1/odb/odb-build/libodb-gcc-11" I see following:
>
> # ldd ./libodb-sqlite-2.5.0-b.23/odb/sqlite/libodb-sqlite-2.5.0-b.23.so
>
>         libodb-2.5.0-b.23.so => not found  <----------
>
> Any idea why these libraries are not found any more after running the
> installation?

When build2 builds executables and shared libraries, it automatically
adds rpath so that you can run things in place. However, when
installing, build2 automatically re-links them to get rid of rpath
(since we don't want the installed binaries to contain rpath pointing
to build directories). One side effect of this is that binaries that
are left after the installation do not have rpath and are thus not
runnable. But this can be easily corrected with an update (which will
again re-link them but now with rpath):

$ bpkg update --all -recursive

> How to make bpkg download other versions, e.g.: 2.5.0-b.19?

You can specify the version to build, for example:

$ bpkg build libodb-sqlite/2.5.0-b.19

For details, see: https://build2.org/bpkg/doc/bpkg-pkg-build.xhtml