[odb-users] ODB for C++20

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Mar 1 08:33:53 EST 2022

Abdalla Ahmed <mr-aea at outlook.com> writes:

> Are there any future plans for such support?

We've added[1] support for --std=c++20 for the next beta. I can show
you how to get it using the staging package repository if you are keen
to start using it (but see below).

> If not , Do I have to Completely refactor the source code so it
> can be used along with C++20 ?

The current beta[2] supports --std=c++17. Have you tried to run
the ODB compiler in this mode on your headers? Chances are no
refactoring will be necessary unless you use something C++20-only
(in which case the staged version mentioned above would probably
be your best option).

[1] https://git.codesynthesis.com/cgit/odb/odb/commit/?id=a3592b51221a614de21aad20eeed69d8d13e83a8

[2] https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml