[odb-users] Cannot Compile ODB Compiler on RHEL 8.5

Tyler Lytle tlytle123 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:12:46 EDT 2022

Boris,

I used the build2 tool and tried to build/install libodb-mysql. I noticed
this output:

  new libz/1.2.1200+1 (required by libcrypto, libmysqlclient)
  new libcrypto/1.1.1+16 (required by libmysqlclient, libssl)
  new libssl/1.1.1+16 (required by libmysqlclient)
  new libmysqlclient/8.0.15+11 (required by libodb-mysql)
  new libodb-mysql/2.5.0-b.21

I am building this on RHEL 8.5 which has the 1.1.1k version of these
OpenSSL libraries. Do I have to use these 1.1.1+16 libraries? What
changes were introduced in these 1.1.1+16 libraries? I looked at the
OpenSSL website and I don't see any mention of these 1.1.1+16 libraries.

--
Tyler Lytle
E-Mail: tlytle123 at gmail.com