[odb-users] Pre-compiled binary distribution of odb for Windows

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jul 5 09:26:18 EDT 2022

CHEN Yuelin <yuelin.chen at hds.leica-geosystems.com> writes:

> We are using ODB 2.4.0 on windows. We are using Visual Studio 2017 to
> link ODB library to the application. Now we tried to switch to Visual
> Studio 2022, and got this linker error:
>
> LINK : fatal error C1047: The object or library file
> '\ODB\2.4.0\msvc2015_64\libstat\odb-2.4-vc14.lib' was created by a
> different version of the compiler [...]
>
> Can you provide us library built by Visual Studio 2022, or some
> instruction on how to build it?

Note that the above library (msvc2015_64\libstat\odb-2.4-vc14.lib)
was most likely built by you (we definitely don't ship any pre-
built libraries like this).

So I think you have two options here:

1. If you want to stay on ODB 2.4.0, then you will need to re-build this
   library with VS 2022. You should be able to open the libodb-vc12.sln
   solution at which point VS should convert it to the latest version
   and you should be able to build it.

2. Alternatively, as part of this upgrade to VS 2022, you can take the
   opportunity to upgrade to the latest ODB 2.5.0 beta (which should be
   mostly backwards-compatible with 2.4.0). If you would like to go this
   route, see the following build instructions:

   https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml