[odb-users] EXC_BAD_ACCESS in recursion use

Tschoche.Jonas at ddv-mediengruppe.de Tschoche.Jonas at ddv-mediengruppe.de
Wed Feb 5 05:57:12 EST 2020

Hello,

I serialize my odb databases and use recursion for serialize the relationships. I created a test table with an endless recursion for testing.
On first view the recusion works fine, but after some seconds it crashes with a EXC_BAD_ACCESS in odb.

First I tested it with a single transaction:
Result: crash at

    select_statement& st (sts.find_statement ());

    st.execute (); <- here

    # in generated file

    I think that the transaction was to big here.

Then I tested it with connection pool and db->connection()->begin()
Result crash at:

    inline connection_ptr database::
    connection ()
    {
      return connection_ptr (connection_ ()); <- here
    }

    # in odb/database.ixx

    I have no idea why it crash - possible out of connections? But it is synchronously.

Can someone explain me why it works for a while and crash?

How can I fix it?