[odb-users] issue while working with MySQL database

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Sep 9 06:42:02 EDT 2019

Monika Idzik <moni.idzik at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using odb 2.5.0-b.15, installed by following the instructions from
> https://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml#linux
> for odb and runtime libraries including mysql.
> So I have libodb-mysql-2.5.0-b.15 and libmysqlclient-8.0.15+1.
>
> in odb/mysql/mysql-types.hxx I see that
> "Starting with 8.0.11 MySQL renamed st_mysql_bind to MYSQL_BIND" but I have
> mysql 8.0.15 so it should be fine.

That is enabled based on the MYSQL_VERSION_ID macro check which comes
from <mysql/mysql_version.h>. I suspect that you have mysql_version.h
somewhere else in your system that happened to get included before
the file installed from libmysqlclient-8.0.15+1.

Can you search your system for other mysql_version.h?