[odb-users] Will the autotools build be support with >=2.5.0

Heiko Becker heirecka at exherbo.org
Fri Jun 7 08:56:24 EDT 2019

Hello,

I wonder if autotools based builds of odb and friends will still be
supported with versions >= 2.5.0?

While I understand that build2 is the new, preferred thing, it brings a lot
unnecessary complexity (at least from the viewpoint of a distro packager),
overlaps with the native package manager and more importantly doesn't use
system libs, but installs its bundled libs instead. Especially in the case
of sqlite, which seems rather old and probably vulnerable, that's not
really an option.

Cheers,
Heiko