[odb-users] Internal Compiler Error in ODB 2.5.0-b.9 with Boost Profile

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Feb 15 10:05:38 EST 2019

Brian Coggins <becoggins at hotmail.com> writes:

> I’m trying to use the latest ODB (2.5.0-b.9, downloaded and built today via
> build2) to get c++17 support, and I’m running into that segfault people have
> been reporting.

I believe I have fixed that[1] for the upcoming b.11 (but thanks for trying
to get the backtrace).

If you could try the latest staged version of ODB and confirm the fix,
that would be great. I believe you can use the released build2 to upgrade
and it should be as simple as:

$ bpkg add https://stage.build2.org/1
$ bpkg fetch
$ bpkg build --upgrade --recursive
$ ...

Effectively the upgrade step from install-build2.xhtml.

On the off chance the released build2 toolchain can't do this, you can
fallback to getting staged build2 and use that; it's the same installation
steps but the install script comes from here:

https://stage.build2.org/0/

[1] https://git.codesynthesis.com/cgit/odb/odb/commit/?id=3a1788234bfaa96ee093b68e9ba02cf7d5bdffe6