[odb-users] Fwd: Getting "different libodb-boost interface versions" when compiling from source

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Nov 15 08:10:55 EST 2018

Biohazard <biohazard at hixxy.org> writes:

> Now I'm getting version mismatch errors that I can't figure out how to fix.

You need to use matching versions of the ODB compiler and all the
runtime libraries (libodb*). Also, after upgrading make sure that
you have re-generated all the *-odb files with the new ODB compiler.

> Also, do you have any idea when the next stable release of ODB will be?

We are working towards a more continuous delivery and the new recommended
way to acquire ODB is via build2 packages. Here are the instructions:

https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml

We haven't packages the Boost and Qt profiles yet but can do that
quickly if you would like to give it a try.