[odb-users] Using prefetch with Oracle

Marco Craveiro marco.craveiro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 07:23:53 EST 2017

Hi Boris,

<prefetch chanes>
>> So perhaps the way to do it is:
>>
>> 1. Provide prefetch() functions on oracle::database() and
>>    oracle::connection() that can be used to modify database-wide
>>    and connection-wide prefetch values. Also set it to some
>>    reasonable default (say 512?)
>>
>> 2. Provide oracle::select_statement::prefetch() to make the
>>    prepared query approach less tedious.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Yep, makes perfect sense. Let me have a go at coding this then.

Just a quick heads up, I am working on this but I ended up having to
first replicate the setup at home so it's taking me quite a while. On
the plus side I am cataloguing the adventure under a series of blog
posts - [1], [2] so far - which may (or may not) help other Oracle /
ODB users. Should be getting to the code soon, hopefully.

Cheers
--
Marco Craveiro

MD, Domain Driven Consulting
about: http://about.me/marcocraveiro
blog: http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk
twitter: https://twitter.com/MarcoCraveiro

That the Ideas are themselves manifestations (of the Idea-Idea) and
that the Idea-Idea is a-kind-of Manifestation-Idea—which is a-kind-of
itself, so that the system is completely self-describing— would have
been appreciated by Plato as an extremely practical joke [Plato]. --
Alan Key

[1] Nerd Food: Northwind, or Using Dogen with ODB - Part I:
http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/nerd-food-northwind-or-using-dogen-with.html
[2] Nerd Food: Northwind, or Using Dogen with ODB - Part II:
http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/nerd-food-northwind-or-using-dogen-with_24.html