[odb-users] GCC Headers on MacOS X

Lukas Obermann obermann.lukas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 10:50:31 EDT 2016

Hi there,

I am trying to build ODB on a Mac. I am integrating it into a existing
build system, so I do want to avoid using the pre-built versions and get
the build running, as it will also be build on Windows and Linux (will test
those next).

Building libcult was no issue, but on odb I now get following error on the
configure:

checking for GCC plugin headers... no
configure: error: GCC plugin headers not found; consider installing GCC
plugin development package
make: *** [macosx10.11_x86_64-target] Error 1

Executing a gcc --version gives me following:

$ gcc --version
Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 7.3.0 (clang-703.0.31)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

I already tryed goolgling for it, but I did not came up with a solutions.
Would appreciate any hint on this on how to get this build going. Also let
me know when you need any more details.

Thanks,
Lukas