[odb-users] Custom ODB compiler build rule on OSX

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Sep 2 13:03:39 EDT 2016

Hi Alexandre,

Alexandre Pretyman <alexandre.pretyman at gmail.com> writes:

> I have not found a odb example which runs the odb compiler on a
> project's headers, so please announce it to the list when there
> one.

Yes, will do. While ODB is not yet supported, one of the main goals
of build2 is first-class, "no hacks" support for auto-generated
source code. We do have rules for CLI[1] and it is working well.

> [ as constructive feedback, I found hard to find the version of
>   libpq which is available in your repository ].

That's because it is a stub. That is, there is no source code (yet)
and the only way to "build" a stub is to have it installed in the
system. The link I gave you was running the version of the web
interface that didn't indicate this. This one, however, does:

https://stage.build2.org

> I'm not a biggest fan of CMake, but I don't see it going away any time soon
> :-) I guess us CMakers will have to integrate build2.

I don't see why you would want to write, well, let's admit it, brain-
dead build descriptions only to auto-convert them to something sane.
Might as well write sane ;-)

[1] http://codesynthesis.com/projects/cli/