[odb-users] ODB 2.5

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Mar 10 10:53:54 EST 2016

Hi Patrice,

Patrice Khawam <patricek at ringcentral.com> writes:

> What's new in ODB 2.5

You can view the current NEWS file (which lists the major new features and
changes) here:

http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/odb.git;a=blob;f=NEWS

> and ETA?

Uh, that's a hard one. Ideally we would like to wait until the build2
toochain[1] is able to handle ODB so that we can distribute the release
as bpkg packages. So, in essence, it would be the transitional release
that will include support for both old (autotools/VC++ projects) and
new (build2) build systems. Also, the plan is to make 2.5.0 the last
release that supports C++98/03 (I can't wait ;-)).

So, my rough estimate is another 4-5 months.