[odb-users] Using ODB from DLL on Windows XP

Leo Ashkinaziy Leo_Ashkinaziy at symantec.com
Wed Jun 29 19:53:11 EDT 2016

Hi Boris,

Thank you for replying. Yes, I did rebuild everything. Just to be sure this morning I downloaded new libodb, libodb-sqlite, and libodb-boost and rebuilt from scratch. I had to make the following changes to the solutions in the zip:

* Change platform toolset to Visual Studio 2013 - Windows XP (v120_xp)
* Change configuration type to static library
* Change preprocessor defines where appropriate to LIBODB_SQLITE_STATIC_LIB, LIBODB_BOOST_STATIC_LIB, and LIBODB_STATIC_LIB

With the rebuilt ODB libraries and the change in config-vc.h I see the same crash on my Windows 7 machine. I have not tried on Windows XP. Since it was local I ran it from Visual Studio so I could get the call stack and the crash details:

Unhandled exception at 0x7728E6DF (ntdll.dll) in ConsoleApp.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000014.

ConsoleApp.exe!odb::details::win32_lock::win32_lock(_RTL_CRITICAL_SECTION & cs) Line 23	C++
ConsoleApp.exe!odb::details::win32_once(unsigned int & o, void (void) * func) Line 14	C++
ConsoleApp.exe!odb::details::tls<odb::transaction *>::get() Line 76	C++
ConsoleApp.exe!odb::details::tls_get<odb::transaction>(const odb::details::tls<odb::transaction *> & t) Line 104	C++
ConsoleApp.exe!odb::transaction::reset(odb::transaction_impl * impl, bool make_current) Line 39	C++
ConsoleApp.exe!odb::transaction::transaction(odb::transaction_impl * impl, bool make_current) Line 26	C++
ConsoleApp.exe!CreateDatabase(std::shared_ptr<odb::sqlite::database> spDb) Line 39	C++
ConsoleApp.exe!main(int argc, char * * argv) Line 18	C++
ConsoleApp.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() Line 255	C
ConsoleApp.exe!mainCRTStartup() Line 165	C

--
Leo