[odb-users] Using ODB from DLL on Windows XP

Leo Ashkinaziy Leo_Ashkinaziy at symantec.com
Tue Jun 28 20:17:00 EDT 2016

Hello,

I'm running into an issue where I see a crash in my program when I use ODB from a DLL on Windows XP. The same program runs on other OS fine. I found this thread from few years ago with what seems to be the same problem.

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2012-January/000415.html

The solution in that thread seemed to comment out "#define ODB_THREADS_TLS_DECLSPEC" in odb\details\config-vc.h and rebuild ODB. It did not work for me when I tried it, and actually caused crashes on other OS as well. Is there anything else to be tried?

I created a small program to show how it's used. I'm using SQLite. The solution zip is here: https://app.box.com/s/6d1m95txldv39mu49xt0u1f13ipoliys

I did not include any ODB or Boost libraries or headers. I can add those if needed. The projects in the solution are:
ConsoleApp - Creates the database and adds a table and a row.
DBReader - Loads DynLib.dll to read the database.
DyLib - DLL that reads the database and prints the value in the table.

Please let me know if this can be addressed on Windows XP. Thank you.

--
Leo