[odb-users] "threads-sqlite" test case takes an extraordinary
long time to execute
boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jul 22 11:40:20 EDT 2016
Ok, I've tested the latest ODB pre-release with SQLite 3.13.0 on
Visual Studio 12/2013. I've built everything 64-bit/Release. On
my Win7 VM with 2 vCPUs the threads test took 1m40s. CPU utilization
was ~50% each which makes perfect sense since the test is very write
heavy (and since writes need exclusive locks, only one CPU can actually
do anything most of the time).
My guesses as to what could be going wrong on your side:
1. Something wrong with the way you built things.
2. Something wrong with your Windows setup.
3. Some interaction between your Windows setup and SQLite.
To eliminate/confirm #1 (most likely) I can zip up the test and
all the DLLs that I've built and you can try to run it. Let me
know if you would like to give this a go.
More information about the odb-users