[odb-users] Re: odb and gcc 6.0

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Feb 5 09:09:56 EST 2016

Hi Dave,

[CC'ed odb-users]

Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com> writes:

> Fedora rawhide just updated to gcc 6.0. I tried to rebuild but it ran into
> some errors. You can find the build.log at:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=12725095

Ok, I've made it compile with the latest snapshot. Here is the patch:

http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/odb.git;a=commit;h=511dcf67322ad87fb32f97d1cf7725c129e83898

A couple of notes:

1. GCC 6 is C++14 by default, so you may want to compile with -std=c++03 or
   pass -Wno-deprecated-declarations to suppress auto_ptr warnings.

2. While it compiles and prints usage, I could not make it compile any code;
   std::locale() throws bad_alloc. I didn't spend too much time on this since
   it is still early in the release process and it is probably quite buggy.
   But maybe the Fedora build has some extra patches, so let me know how it
   goes.