[odb-users] odb queries on osx 10.8 mountain lion

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 3 11:21:33 EDT 2016

Hi Luisa,

Luisa Giacomini <luisagiacomini.eu at gmail.com> writes:

> malloc: *** error for object .... : pointer being freed is not allocated
>
> The same code works on windows and linux. We started guessing about a
> possible solution. Change to odb 2.4?

Good idea.

> Trying to install a recent version of gcc (the one in the system does
> not support c+11 and this is compulsory for us).

I would suggest sticking with Clang since that's the default compiler
on Mac OS.

> Change osx version?

Don't think that will help.

> Or maybe I made some mistake in the process of installing odb?

Yes, that's unfortunately very likely on Mac OS. Please see these
instructions for possible pitfalls:

http://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-macosx.xhtml

Another thing that is helpful when tracing memory management issues
is to try to isolate the problem to the minimum possible amount of
code. I.e., try to comment out blocks of your application until you
make the problem disappear.