[odb-users] Preserving schema data in Visual Studio Static Library

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri May 8 15:15:36 EDT 2015

Hi Thomas,

Matthews, Thomas <tmatthews at appliedmedical.com> writes:

> The only information I found related to Visual Studio is to add this
> text to the odb command line: --cxx-epilogue 'extern "C" int
> object_phony_symbol = 0;'

There is another way, as described in this post:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2013-May/001289.html

> Does anybody have a *working* solution for telling Visual Studio not
> to drop the schema data when creating a static library?

That solution is working, you just haven't been able to apply it
properly. One way to sidestep this quoting mess is to place the
option into an options file. See the REGEX AND SHELL QUOTING section
at the bottom of the ODB Compiler Command Line Manual (man page)
for details.