[odb-users] Nested pointers in relationship

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Mar 13 09:18:13 EDT 2015

Hi Nicholas,

Nicholas Cremonesi <nicholas.cremonesi at gmail.com> writes:

> My issue is that I cannot perform ALL possible views before compiling the
> headers. So, is this the only way, or is there any "workaround"?

I unswered this question already:

http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2015-March/002436.html

And, no, there is no other workaround.

> Another question: is there any way to perform a query like this?
> "SELECT * FROM TBL_A T1, TBL_A T2, TBL_B T3 ecc...", that is give
> different "aliases" to the same table?

Yes, again, you can do this with native views and runtime queries
as long as you know what to expect for '*'.

Please read the part of the manual on native views before asking
any more questions. I am tired of answering like a parrot "yes,
this is possible with a native view".