[odb-users] ODB and gcc 5.0?

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 11:26:22 EST 2015

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 4:18 AM, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>
wrote:

> > Is this something that can be resolved relatively easily? Or is gcc 5.0
> > support going to require a new release?
>
> It is not a trivial patch but I think it should apply to 2.3.0 relatively
> easily:
>

> http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/odb.git;a=commit;h=ee9c9f3db3eb4b689e565c282345b1f49bba5042

I can't get the patch to apply. If I apply it by itself, then it fails:
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/9017/8859017/build.log

And applying it after the 4.9.0 patch, also fails:
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/8878/8858878/build.log

Alternatively, you can wait for 2.4.0, which is imminent.

What is the definition of imminent? I would like to get this working
relatively soon, but it sounds like waiting for 2.4.0 is the best solution
and so if it's not too long, then I'll wait til then.

Thanks,
Dave