[odb-users] ODB and gcc 5.0?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Feb 7 06:18:04 EST 2015

Hi Dave,

Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com> writes:

> Fedora 22 (rawhide) recently updated to gcc 5.0.0. I tried building ODB
> with it and it ran into some problems.

Funny you must write about this. I spent half a day yesterday making
ODB work with GCC 5.

> Is this something that can be resolved relatively easily? Or is gcc 5.0
> support going to require a new release?

It is not a trivial patch but I think it should apply to 2.3.0 relatively
easily:

http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/odb.git;a=commit;h=ee9c9f3db3eb4b689e565c282345b1f49bba5042

Alternatively, you can wait for 2.4.0, which is imminent.

And thanks for staying on top of this, much appreciated!