[odb-users] Problem with ODB in QtCreator and MingW

t-online jan.k.pi at t-online.de
Tue Apr 21 14:05:25 EDT 2015

Hi,
thanks for answering,
i don't want to waste your time, but in my eyes you are to only one who can
help me ...

the folder wasn't the problem
(the folder exist and executing the ODB-Compiler inside QtCreators MingW
from commandline brings also the same error)
but after trying some things i believe that i install the ODB-Compiler
wrong..

If i try to use the ODB-Compiler inside the QtCreators Mingw i get the
following error again :
"system couldn't find the path"

But if i use the ODB-Compiler with the given Mingw (inside the
"mingw"-folder of the windows binaries) the compiler seems to work (all
files was generated) ...

=> so how can i setup the ODB-Compiler to use the QtCreators Mingw Compiler
(if it's possible)
    (I read the install guides, but maybe didn't understand it right)

The problem while using the given Mingw is that the builded programm don't
run right : i.e: a simple output do not appear
And the programm couldn't be executed in debug-mode
=> it fails with : "The gdb process terminated unexpectly (code 0)"
                           "Cannot continue debugged process: The program is
not being run."
                           "During startup program exited with code
0xc0000135"
                            -> this is because "libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll" is
missing
                                (QtCreators Minw hasn't no such file, only
the given Mingw-Compiler given with the ODB-Compiler)

                            But after adding this file i get the next errors

In my opinion there is a version-conflict between ODB-Compiler and the
build-compiler (32bit vs 64bit)
maybe the odb libaries are also compiled with the wrong compiler settings

ODB-Installtion like i do it (maybe you see a wrong step) :
- i copy the ODB-Compiler files (without the "mingw") in the proper
QtCreators MingW folders
- i use the MSYS given by the ODB-Compiler download
- and execute in the libary folders (all was done without errors)
    - ./configure --prefix=/c/Qt/Qt5.4.0/Tools/mingw491_32/i686-w64-mingw32
    - make
    - make install prefix=/c/Qt/Qt5.4.0/Tools/mingw491_32/i686-w64-mingw32
- and it shows that he find the MingW Compiler and use it to compile