[odb-users] odb.exe 2.4.0 does not do anything on win7

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Apr 2 10:14:02 EDT 2015

Hi Harald,

Bergmann, Harald (FIT) <Harald.Bergmann at freudenberg-it.com> writes:

> I built all the libs and dlls and then just copied the odb.exe out
> of the zip to the bin folder instead of extracting the whole archive.
> So the default.options file was missing which caused the problem.

Yes, there are a lot of more important things missing than default.options.
The README file, which is part of the archive, contains this warning:

"Note also that while you can move the ODB compiler directory around, you
cannot move the individual sub-directories or files inside it. For example,
copying the ODB compiler executable to C:\Windows will not work."

The whole README is actually worth a read.