[odb-users] slow persist for bulk insert

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Oct 28 09:41:05 EDT 2014

Hi Erez,

Erez GB <erezgb at walla.com> writes:

> First, thank you very much for your quick response and kindness,

No problem. Can ask you one favor: can you refrain from sending
your emails to me/odb-users in HTML-only format?

> Do you see any problem or things that might cause such a huge difference

Yes, I see a big problem: you are creating a new transaction for each
persist() call. This is bad for performance.

In fact, in my initial reply to this thread I pointed you to an email
that shows how to batch multiple database operations into several
transactions. I guess you weren't paying attention. Here is this
email again:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2013-May/001270.html