[odb-users] libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught foreign exception

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Oct 16 07:16:04 EDT 2014

Hi Adnan,

Adnan RIHAN <axel50397 at gmail.com> writes:

> I tried this already, I had undefined symbols (I’ve tried again
> today): http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2014-September/002122.html

Did you make sure that your application and the runtimes are both either
built in 32-bit or 64-bit mode? (-m32/-m64)?

> - ODB _must_ be compiled with GCC (Because of ODB core)

You mean the ODB compiler.

> - libodb* _must_ be compiled with GCC (Or else, compilation errors,
> see above link)

No, you should be able to build them (and your application) with Clang.
The fact that you weren't able to figure out why the Clang build fails
doesn't mean that everything "must" be built with GCC.

> - App _must_ be compiled with GCC (Or else, runtime error related to
> libc++abi)

Again, the only "must" here is that both the runtimes and your application
are built with the same compiler (and the same 32/64 bit mode).