[odb-users] libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught foreign exception

Adnan RIHAN axel50397 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 07:02:02 EDT 2014

Hi Boris,

Thank you for the advices.

I tried this already, I had undefined symbols (I’ve tried again today): http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2014-September/002122.html

> As the documentation states, it is perfectly fine to use a C++ compiler other than GCC (Clang, VC++,
> SunCC, etc) to build the ODB runtimes and your application.

This is strange because yes, the runtimes are built with GCC (4.9.1) and my app is built with clang. I’ve tried to build libodb* with GCC AND my app with GCC (actually, before writing this thread.

And I didn’t notice that Qt-Creator isn’t passing GCC path to qmake which fallbacks to Xcode gcc which is clang. I’ve modified by hand the makefiles to set the SAME GCC used to compile libodb, and now it works \o/ (No compilation issues, no runtime issues).

So, to summarize:
- ODB _must_ be compiled with GCC (Because of ODB core)
- libodb* _must_ be compiled with GCC (Or else, compilation errors, see above link)
- App _must_ be compiled with GCC (Or else, runtime error related to libc++abi)

Thanks for your unlimited help Boris. I was almost ready to write the queries myself because I needed to go forward... But ODB seems to be great when it’s correctly set-up, so as these problems are not “Adnan” related (only), I thought it may be a good idea to sort these out for eventual futur others.
--
Cordialement, Adnan RIHAN.
Directeur-Gérant de Eolis-Software, société de services informatiques.

GPG: 5675-62BA (https://keybase.io/max13/key.asc)
-> Si vous n'utilisez pas GPG mais souhaitez quand même m’envoyer un e-mail chiffré: (https://encrypt.to/0x567562BA).