[odb-users] odb: error: unable to locate options file for profile 'qt' (-p)

Adnan RIHAN axel50397 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 18:14:14 EDT 2014

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I was so excited everything was working that I forgot to answer.

On 8 octobre 2014 at 07:15:23, Boris Kolpackov (boris at codesynthesis.com(mailto:boris at codesynthesis.com)) wrote:

> Thanks. Looks like your installation doesn't have the standard headers
> in /usr/include. Could you check for me if /usr/include/wchar.h exists?
>
> If you don't have this header, then I am pretty sure installing the
> Command Line Tools will fix this. This article seem to explain how
> to install them:
>
> http://osxdaily.com/2014/02/12/install-command-line-tools-mac-os-x/

I’m in installing them using “xcode-select --install” as explained on your link. It’s installing but then I saw this at the end of the post:
> From OS X 10.9 onward, if Xcode is already installed in OS X then Command Line Tools becomes installed as well

It doesn’t. Now I’ve installed them, wchar.h is available in /usr/include. This mystery is solved, but I wonder why the post mentions that from 10.9, the CLT are automatically installed. NVM.

> I believe it is the --with-sysroot option that causes GCC to ignore
> /usr/local. Essentially, this option tells GCC that the root of the
> filesystem is in /Applications/Xcode.app/... rather than in / so it
> probably searches in /Applications/Xcode.app/.../usr/local.

This is also strange because the content of /usr/include is a complete copy/paste of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/usr/include (it’s not a symlink).

Touching a file in one dir, doesn’t copy it to the other, so I don’t think it’s a hard link either.

> I can understand why homebrew is doing this (there are no headers in
> /usr/include, as we are learning above) but I am not sure this is a
> clean way to do it since this doesn't feel entirely correct. For
> example, you don't install libraries that you build into
> /Applications/Xcode.app/..., which is what sysroot assumes you
> would do.

Yup, when you install Xcode without Command Line Tools (CLT), /usr/include is empty and the necessary headers are in SDKs directory. When you install them, /usr/include is created and filled. Maybe they don’t want to rely on the fact that CLT are always installed?

> GCC configure has the --with-local-prefix option which specifies
> the alternative location for /usr/local. One thing to try would be
> to pass --with-local-prefix=/usr/local and see if it overrides the
> sysroot option.

CF below: I’ll wait their answer and act accordingly. My environment is nearly perfectly working so I’ll wait a little like this ^^'

> You may also want to forward this to the homebrew's GCC maintainer
> to see if they would like to try to fix this.

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/issues/33151

Thanks for your help.
--
Cordialement, Adnan RIHAN.
Directeur-Gérant de Eolis-Software, société de services informatiques.

GPG: 5675-62BA (https://keybase.io/max13/key.asc)
-> Si vous n'utilisez pas GPG mais souhaitez quand même m’envoyer un e-mail chiffré: (https://encrypt.to/0x567562BA).