[odb-users] odb: error: unable to locate options file for profile 'qt' (-p)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 8 01:08:11 EDT 2014

Hi Adnan,

Adnan RIHAN <axel50397 at gmail.com> writes:

> > Could you provide more information on this (e.g., error code that you
> > see, etc).
>
> http://pastebin.com/9Hdp63Ta

Thanks. Looks like your installation doesn't have the standard headers
in /usr/include. Could you check for me if /usr/include/wchar.h exists?

If you don't have this header, then I am pretty sure installing the
Command Line Tools will fix this. This article seem to explain how
to install them:

http://osxdaily.com/2014/02/12/install-command-line-tools-mac-os-x/

> > This is actually the GCC build issue. For some reason your new build
> > does not look in /usr/local/include for headers as it should[1]. Can
> > you show the configure command line you used to build GCC?
> >
> > [1] https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Search-Path.html
>
> The GCC configure line is from the home-brew package, here is
> the ./configure line:
>
> >[...] --with-sysroot=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk

I believe it is the --with-sysroot option that causes GCC to ignore
/usr/local. Essentially, this option tells GCC that the root of the
filesystem is in /Applications/Xcode.app/... rather than in / so it
probably searches in /Applications/Xcode.app/.../usr/local.

I can understand why homebrew is doing this (there are no headers in
/usr/include, as we are learning above) but I am not sure this is a
clean way to do it since this doesn't feel entirely correct. For
example, you don't install libraries that you build into
/Applications/Xcode.app/..., which is what sysroot assumes you
would do.

GCC configure has the --with-local-prefix option which specifies
the alternative location for /usr/local. One thing to try would be
to pass --with-local-prefix=/usr/local and see if it overrides the
sysroot option.

You may also want to forward this to the homebrew's GCC maintainer
to see if they would like to try to fix this.