[odb-users] Unable to configure libodb-mysql-2.3.0

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Mar 3 05:12:02 EST 2014

Hi Garth,

Garth Ponty <garthponty at gmail.com> writes:

> Looking at the config file its says it was unable to find mysql.h
>
> $ ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\include"
> LDFLAGS="-L C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\lib"

I am pretty sure your problems come from spaces in the paths. While
there is probably a may to make it work with the right combination
of " and ', what I suggest you do is create the c:\mysql-client
directory and copy the above include and lib directories there.
Then try (from the MinGW shell):

./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/c/mysql-client/include LDFLAGS=-L/c/mysql-client/lib