[odb-users] Unable to configure libodb-mysql-2.3.0

Garth Ponty garthponty at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 14:34:19 EST 2014

Hello,

Can you please help me with the following.

I have installed mysql on windows 7 64 bit
I don't use VC or mingw but have opted to follow the instructions for mingw
to install odb

I am able to configure, make, make install libodb-2-3-0 using mingw.

But when attempting to configure libodb-mysql-2.3.0 it fails

checking for libmysqlclient_r... no
configure: error: libmysqlclient_r is not found; consider using
CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS
 to specify its location

Looking at the config file its says it was unable to find mysql.h

I suspect mingw doesn't know where mysql client header and library files
are.

They are found in
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6

I have renamed libmysql.lib to libmysqlclient_r.a

What is the syntax to ./configure to point it in the right direction ?

This didn't work
$ ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\include"
LDF
LAGS="-L C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\lib"

I was unable to find any helpful documentation to assist me with this
problem.

Thanks Garth