[odb-users] ODB without persistent objects?

frankiegp at libero.it frankiegp at libero.it
Mon Jun 30 13:23:30 EDT 2014

Hi to everybody,
I would like to know whether I could exploit ODB Query functionalities without
creating any C++ classes to be mapped to the tables of a database. I mean:
- I have an existent database managed by a hypothetical DBMS (one among
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer and so on);
- I would like to query my database without taking care of the specific
dialect of the DBMS.
In other words, I would like to write my queries in some high-level languages
(pseudo-sql) and then I would like that my query would be rewritten by ODB in
the SQL-dialect of the specific DBMS. Is it possible?

Thank you for your consideration, looking forward to your kind reply.

Best,
Pierfrancesco