[odb-users] Postgres error: 42P05 prepared statement already exists

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jul 11 06:15:39 EDT 2014

Hi Alessandro,

Alessandro Bellina <abellina at gmail.com> writes:

> One thing I forgot to mention is that if I go to Postgres and attempt
> to deallocate the statement manually I get a notice, that the statement
> name is too long and that it will be truncated.

Ah, that's definitely something worth mentioning! Now it makes sense.
What most likely happens is that the names get truncated and are no
longer unique. The only way I can think of to resolve this would be
to shorten the table names so that the generated statement names don't
get truncated. Maybe there is also a way to increase the statement name
in Postgres.