[odb-users] Support for ODB on QNX

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Dec 4 07:31:31 EST 2014

Hi Karthikeyan,

Karthikeyan Mahadevan <mkarth3 at gmail.com> writes:

> Just was not sure on the destination platform key word. Like in the
> below step to build sqllite, arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi, I have
> my platform to be qnx and x86.

That's easy: run your gcc cross-compiler with the -v option and then
look for the line starting with 'Target:'. In your case it should
be something like i686-qnx or i386-unknown-qnx.

> I tried again on a qnx platform and I got the following error.

Are you building on the QNX target itself? If so, this is a bad
idea for multiple reasons (e.g., you will never be able to run
the ODB compiler on QNX so you will have to keep copying generated
files from another machine). The way to go is to cross-compile.

> ac_nonexistent.h file missing error is generated in the cofig.log while
> trying to run configure for the libodb-sqlite-2.3.0. This leads to "error:
> libsqlite3 is not found;"

It looks like configure could not find SQLite headers. There could be
multiple reasons why this happened, ranging from you not building
SQLite to not installing it properly.

I suggest that you do two things:

2. If something doesn't work, send the complete list of steps that you
   have performed up to that point. And I mean everything, starting from
   how you built SQLite. Otherwise I can only guess what could have gone
   wrong (like above).