[odb-users] Altering column from integer to double precision

Philip Ethier philip.ethier at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:31:45 EDT 2014

ODB,

When trying the odb compile I get an error saying the change from int to
double is not yet handled automatically. I'm using a postgres database. So
I came up with the following approach, do you think it will work correctly?
Is this the recommended way to do the alter?

1 remove the int member var, odb compile with updated version
2 add the double member var, odb compile with updated version
3 write manual alter sql to change the column type from int to double
precision
4 SQL to update the schema_version version column to the latest
5 start the program, and make sure to not run the pre and post migration sql

Any thoughts are much appreciated!
Thank you,