[odb-users] centos C++ ORM ODB connect to MSSQL 2005

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Aug 11 06:01:19 EDT 2014

Hi,

陈小洪 <newzai at vip.qq.com> writes:

> I had install unixODB & freetds , and configure the ODBC DSN in
> /etc/odbc.ini file, also add freetds driver in /etc/odbcinit.ini.
>
> ODB example connection to MSSQL error. but OTL sucessfull.
> OTL using DSN, ODB can't using DSN..what can't do???

ODB only supports SQL Server Native Client ODBC driver (which is,
BTW, the only way forward when it comes to connecting to SQL Server,
according to Microsoft).

The good news is there is one for Linux. You can read more about it
here:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog/2011/12/02/microsoft-sql-server-odbc-driver-linux/