[odb-users] Minor bug in odb-examples-2.3.0

Chalathip Thumkanon chalathip at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 22:15:03 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>wrote:

> Hi Chalathip,
>
> Chalathip Thumkanon <chalathip at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > However, I found that the test is actually passed, no exception is
> caught.
> > The problem is that in every "driver.cxx", there is no "return 0;"
> > statement in main function.
>
> The standard behavior for main() is to return 0 if there is no explicit
> return statement. So I doubt it is that. Can you try to run the example
> manually and see if you can get any additional clues as to why it is
> failing? Maybe it is the schema creation part that fails?
>
> Yes, your are right. It's my fault not being aware of changing
of this behavior in current c++ standard.
When I run 'make check', many tests pass.
The 'polymorphism/reuse' test fails, with no further information (from
exception catching).
And when I modified the main function for this only test to explicitly
return 0,
every test works fine.

After receiving your mail, I undo my changing and run 'make check' again.
Every test passes including that one.
I tried to generate the same error, but I can't.
It's so weird.

> > Thank you very much for your great opensource software.
>
> You are welcome. I am glad you are enjoying it!
>
> Boris

Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely Yours,
Chalathip