[odb-users] Minor bug in odb-examples-2.3.0

Chalathip Thumkanon chalathip at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 23:45:26 EST 2013

Hi

I am quite new to odb. My build system is Mingw32 on XP.
When I tried to run 'make check' in odb-examples-2.3.0,
one of the tests failed as shown.

FAIL: ../../tester
1 of 1 test failed
Please report to odb-users at codesynthesis.com
make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/Me/odb-examples-2.3.0/inheritance/reuse'
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Me/odb-examples-2.3.0/inheritance/reuse'
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Me/odb-examples-2.3.0/inheritance/reuse'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

However, I found that the test is actually passed, no exception is caught.
The problem is that in every "driver.cxx", there is no "return 0;"
statement in main function.
This allows the test to return a random value which "make" interprets it as
an error.
Anyway, it's just a minor bug since most of the time it returns 0 (not so
randomly).

Thank you very much for your great opensource software.

Sincerely Yours,
Chalathip.