[odb-users] Approaching the cross platform concern

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue May 21 11:11:44 EDT 2013

Hi Michael,

Michael Powell <mwpowellhtx at gmail.com> writes:

> Must I configure and build the ODB library using both native and cross
> compile toolchains in order for this to work?

You only need to build the ODB runtimes (libodb, libodb-<db>) for the
target (not host). I thought the guide that I referred to makes it quite
clear.

> Assuming this is accurate, it is possible to build ODB to link
> statically, presumably through whatever intermediate glue code is
> generated?

Yes, it is possible. And again, the guide shows how to do exactly
that. Have you read it?

> At some point I'll move from asking questions to just doing it, but
> right now it's a bit fuzzy with me.

I think if you read the guide, things will become a lot clearer.
In particular, it is not as complicated as you make it out to be:

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Using_ODB_on_Mobile_and_Embedded_Systems