[odb-users] odb-2.2.1 should install the odb.so plugin into $(gcc -print-file-name=plugin)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Mar 19 09:17:34 EDT 2013

Hi Hugo,

Ok, I've implemented support for installing the ODB plugin into the
default GCC plugin directory. Everything works pretty much exactly
as discussed in our prior exchange. Here is the patch:

http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/odb.git;a=patch;h=a2dee162af41c80827ff60d87c08ea981b55b31b

Please give it a try and let me know if there are any issues.

On a related note, this got me thinking that if one wants to support
multiple versions of GCC, then the ODB compiler will probably have
to be split into two packages: the ODB compiler driver (/usr/bin/odb
plus documentation) and ODB plugin (odb.so, one for each GCC version).